Wednesday, June 12, 2013

2013 AnPost Ras Stages 6, 7 and 8

Crazy travel post race means that this was really delayed - at this point, posting more for posterity than anything else!

Stage 6


Stage 7


Stage 8

Well, I don't have a video - as I mention in the video for Stage 7, I felt pretty good - I didn't get away so minded myself really well to the finishing circuits - final climb, three minutes of hurt - coming into the tricky corner into the climb 10-12th wheel and the guy in front of me crashes - DOHHH - these things happen, but I was a bit pissed about it. Anyway - chased and chased (with a few others who where caught out and almost got across to the front 20. 20th on GC in the end, but no real ride/result to note.

The Ras this year for me never really got going, I went into it sick and thought I would have to pull out each day for the first three days - I really was just hanging on and feeling crap - I finished okay though and the racing should help bring on my form for the rest of the season.

No comments: