Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tootling along...

My knee has been pretty sore since Sundays race. I bashed it during one of my off single track excursions and then several things happened afterwards that meant I was driving cars for about 5 hours which I'm sure didn't help. On Monday, I was cycling into the city on the road bike but decided that it was sore enough that I should leave my bike with Mel in town. Then yesterday, I wanted to go on a very gentle spin to keep my leg loose... So I ended up cycling into town again, except this time on the Epic. I was riding by UCD anyway, going very easy (pratically only using my left leg) when I heard a jingle jingle noise coming past me. Turning around I saw what looked like a 20 year old student with long brown curly hair (no helmet!) passed me on what looked like an out of shape granny bike. I was riding along on a €5k bike in my club gear and got passed by a girl on a granny bike! I was good and kept going slow...

I had to laugh :) My knee feels good today so hopefully it's back to normal...

1 comment:

Kieran said...

That is why I sometimes pull the the stealth, non-club gear from the bottom of the draw. Reduces the temptation :-)